Diploma of Applied NLP: Training with NLP
The JSNLP Diploma of Applied Training with NLP is the opportunity for coaches, positive psychologists and change agents to make a next-level difference by inspiring and influencing even greater change in even more people.
This course helps you build confidence and congruence as a trainer. Enabling you to step your training and presentation skills up to the next level, facilitate change and empower groups. Whatever your level of experience, it will help you feel positive about your ability to present ideas elegantly and facilitate real learning in groups.
The JSNLP Diploma of Applied Training with NLP is a 14-day course held in Bristol.
The course has been designed to help professional change agents (coaches, positive psychologists, consultants, leaders, therapists, apprenticeship mentors, social entrepreneurs, L&D experts etc.) develop sublime training and facilitation skills – without the need for any previous NLP training.
The course layers learning to help graduates feel confident and congruent in any training space and applies the skills you learn to your own profession, thus helping you to develop your career and influence opportunities.
Why choose the JSNLP Diploma of Applied Training with NLP?
Normally NLP trainer training courses are exclusively reserved for students who have already achieved their NLP Master Practitioner certification. But the world has changed, and here at JSNLP we want to ensure that all change agents have access to the highest level of practical training skills. We want to support change agents to be the very best they can be in a group setting and to be able to elegantly facilitate training and learning opportunities.
The course offers the opportunity to absorb some of the best ideas, skills and experiences from leading UK based NLP Master Trainers, including John Seymour, one of the UK’s most respected NLP trainers. Further, it aims to go beyond knowledge, to ensure that your learning is fully applied to a niche of your choice. By the end of the course you leave not just with your applied training diploma, but also with a fully developed course in your preferred niche, ready to run with students of your own.
As well as a distillation of over 100 years of training experience, the JSNLP Diploma of Applied Training with NLP is a real opportunity for personal and professional evolution. We are at least as interested in who you are being/ becoming as a trainer as in anything you are doing. We care passionately that graduates leave the course having found the very best version of themselves as a trainer and are able to facilitate group based learning confidently and congruently.
This course is an opportunity to discover, embrace and promote the best version of yourself to the world.
Who is eligible?
There is no specific eligibility criteria for joining the course, although we do ask for students to have a competence or qualification in some level of coaching or applied psychology modality and an interest in developing their training skills in a particular niche or for a particular focus.
If you are an NLP Master Practitioner you may also qualify for the programme’s sister course the JSNLP Applied Trainer Training.
Regardless of training experience, the JSNLP Trainer Training is for those wanting to harmonise their personal and professional potential. The end result is you – your niche, your style, your approach, your designed course, the confidence to embrace it and the official ANLP certification to do so.
The applied approach to training reinforces every new skill with practical experience and professional advice. Rather than just giving you the tools, we help you create your own toolkit. Personalised through one on one training, that toolkit is yours to apply to your future.
The course offers the opportunity to identify your niche, one with which you personally and professionally connect. Once identified, you’ll be able to apply all your learning, practical assignments and training slots to your niche.
By the end of the course, you will have developed a fully formed and tested course in your chosen subject. It is your own creation, a minimum 20-hour course to run for yourself, along with the marketing advice (from a top industry copywriter) to make it a rewarding investment and real experience.
Run in two-day modules, the structure of the course maximises learning. The applied approach of JSNLP is unique. We favour your practical ability to train over academic study. Two-day modules allow people to integrate their learning and apply it. Rather than facing a bombardment of information, you have time to clear your head between sessions and to practice what you’ve learned in order to embed new habits and skills.
The course covers a broad range of knowledge areas:
- Managing your own state and maintaining rapport with a group
- Course design and sequencing
- Strategies for optimising learning and minimising problems (inc. the psychology of learning)
- Tracking and creating audience motivation
- Precision experiential exercise design and delivery
- Facilitation skills
- Calibrating and tracking complex group dynamics
- Voice work, control and projection
- Opening and closing sessions
- Presentation and delivery skills
- Fielding questions and turning around challenging participants
- Teaching to both conscious and unconscious mind
- Running effective demos
- Storytelling and humour
- Assessment and tasking
- Coaching from the front of the room
- Developing a culture of learning
- Assessment techniques
- Managing energy
- Professional speaker skills and keynote speaking
And, perhaps most important of all
- All of this learning is applied to your specific niche and helps build your own course
Rather than just another course of buzzwords, theories, and rhetoric, this is an applied course. With every piece of learning, knowledge, and advice, you get coming from practical experience. You learn more than the theory; you learn how to apply it in real life.
Nobody can tell you how to train; there is no generic standard. This course allows for an individualised approach to training. Beyond the group sessions, experts work one on one with each participant, considering their personal style and professional niche. Building upon a unique and genuine foundation, a gradual layering of new skills moulds your inner trainer potential.
Throughout the course, expert coaches, practical experience, and a fresh skill toolkit enhance the best of yourself, allowing you to step back out into the training world with confidence and congruence.
By the end of the course, you are ready to conquer your preferred niche – and have a finished course to prove it.
ANLP Trainer Accreditation
As the leading NLP award body and only independent NLP certification body in the country, the Association for Neuro Linguistic Programming is increasingly setting NLP standards in the UK. It is a central influence, publishing the Rapport magazine and running the annual ANLP Awards and International NLP Conference. It’s also at the forefront of NLP research and accreditation. Rapport
Should you at some point in the future choose to study NLP to Master Practitioner level, then the Diploma of Applied Training with NLP can be upgraded to an ANLP certified NLP Trainer Training certificate (additional fees will apply). This will also give you access to ANLP Accredited Trainer status allowing you to deliver your own ANLP accredited Diploma courses (min 20 hours) and even Practitioner and Master Practitioner programmes.
An investment in your future
The JSNLP Diploma of Applied Training with NLP course is an investment. After 14 days of hard work, expert voices, coaching and active experience, you have a personalised toolkit.
Our programme both prepares students for running open programmes and for delivering courses within organisations. Our trainers are experienced in many different modalities and we do our best to pass on this experience to participants.
We work to ensure that the course helps you build the pillars to your professional success. Together we explore such areas as:
- Finding your niche
- Marketing and copywriting for trainers
- Becoming ANLP accredited
- Building your own niche-based ANLP Diploma course
Following the course, it is our goal for you to have the confidence and skills to step out into the world freely. Unlike many other courses, there are no catches to reel you back in again. No ongoing fees, no extended commitments to JSNLP, and no additional clauses for the use of the course materials you develop.
Who are these expert voices?
The course has grown from JSNLP’s highly rated NLP Trainer Training programme. And, indeed, much of the course is delivered alongside the cohort from this programme. The course is a collaboration between John Seymour, Sarah Smith and Neil Almond. With over 30 years’ experience, John is an NLP legend in the UK, well known for his bestselling book, “Introducing NLP” and for the high quality of his NLP skills training. John literally wrote the book on “Training with NLP.”
Similarly impressive, Neil won the 2017 NLP Making a Difference Award at the ANLP sponsored NLP Awards and has a host of experience delivering successful coaching and NLP based training. He’s also worked at the highest level of business and government with such people as Sir Richard Branson, Anita Roddick, Tony Blair and Gordon Brown. Sarah, is an expert coach and Positive Psychologist in addition to her invaluable commercial experience.
Alongside John, Sarah and Neil are fellow NLP Master Trainers Chris Rasey and Lindsey Agnes. Chris is a very popular member of the team, a charismatic trainer and author of NLP Metaphorically. Lindsey is perhaps best known as the best-selling author of “Change Your Life with NLP,” “Age with Attitude” and “Change Your Business with NLP.” A single course, delivered from the infinitely inspiring voices of five respected NLP Master Trainers
The course also benefits from the creative genius of guest copywriting expert James McCathy.
Students are invited to participate in online group supervision with a Master Trainer and the JSNLP Director of Coaching. There is also tailored coaching support on the programme and tutorial support to help you successfully pass the programme.
JSNLP represents quality. With glowing reputations, John Seymour and Neil Almond combine the traditional world and new world of NLP. With over 100 years of combined experience in the training market, the Master Trainers collaborate their different styles into a harmonious team. Together, they have experience of many modalities (including coaching, mentoring, positive psychology, change agency, therapy and consultancy) across many different fields (open training, HR, corporate training, retreats, social enterprise, media, and charity to name a few).
JSNLP targets learning as a priority through an applied approach. In contrast to a static, knowledge-based approach, learning is versatile and moulded to each individual. Group sizes are small, allowing personalised training and specialised support.
In JSNLP’s friendly and fun environment, learning is more than knowledge. And application is king. This is an opportunity to become your best self and fulfil your personal and professional potential. Afterwards, you can connect to the close-knit JSNLP family that offer ongoing support and development opportunities beyond the course itself.
Trainer Modelling Skills
With five incredible and varied trainers to learn from, the course is a smorgasbord of opportunity to hone your trainer modelling skills. Every trainer has been selected for their level of integrity and congruence. They don’t just teach this stuff, they do this stuff and they do it well. They are all also up for having modelling conversations: “how did you do that John?”, “what did you have to believe for that to work Sarah?”… This is a great way to absorb and embed learning. There is even an extracurricular option of watching videos of the trainers in action and using your modelling skills to deepen your understanding of what they do.
We think trainer modelling is so important that If you think your modelling skills are a bit light, we’ll offer you a place on the next John Seymour modelling masterclass as a bonus refresher.
Why this course?
- The JSNLP Diploma of Applied Training with NLP costs £2250. A lot of money and a major investment. We take the responsibility of this very seriously and have therefore developed the course to give you the very best chance of success. Your course fee includes:
- Pre-course coaching call to identify your programme objectives and to ensure the course is right for you.
- 14-days tuition in Bristol
- Online group supervision with NLP Mastery Trainers and the JSNLP Director of Coaching
- Coaching Support with from trainers and the JSNLP coaching team
- Digital resources, to help support your learning
- Modelling Masterclass (worth £125), bonus access to a one-day modelling masterclass with John Seymour if you feel your NLP modelling skills are light
- Support to develop a your own course, in your preferred niche or that of your sponsoring organisation
- A signed copy of John Seymour’s Training with NLP book, (priceless)
- This course is an opportunity for anybody with an idea, niche or message to share with the world. It is a stable, recognised and celebrated stepping-stone to your future as a trainer.
Some of the benefits of this training:
- Taking the next step in developing yourself personally and professionally
- Make a bigger difference, and increase your income, with NLP training skills
- Give yourself a competitive edge as a professional trainer
- Intensive and enjoyable experiential skills training
- Learning-friendly environment with quality peer group support
- Ideal group size of 12-18 students
- At least one NLP trainer or coach to every 4 students
- Regular tutorials and personal coaching
- Over 100 years of training experience amongst the Master Trainers
- Opportunities to model outstanding trainers’ effectiveness and different training styles
- Generate your own training materials
- Discover the key factors to get you successfully started on a new life journey
Who joins the Diploma of Applied Training with NLP?
The breadth of skills and expertise offered by this training, appeal to anyone wanting to design and deliver with confidence, effective and memorable presentations. These skills support clear and concise communication for meetings, important conversations, reports, and in any written or verbal communication.
- Trainers and training consultants
- Professional business change agents
- Executive, business, and life coaches
- Teachers and lecturers
- Senior leaders and executives
- Positive Psychologists
- Learning and development specialists
- Employment development and human resource specialists
- Marketing and Sales
And from equally diverse areas;
- Individuals seeking personal development
- Employees and small business owners
- Management at all levels
- The teaching profession
- The Ministry of Defence and the armed forces
- Local government, the NHS, Fire Service and Police