Diploma of Applied NLP: Coaching
Our focus is on quality, not quantity. You will learn some of the most dynamic skills that NLP has to offer, in more depth, for career success and quality of life.
Coaching is more than a buzzword, it’s a set of skills, attitudes and behaviours that help to lead out inherent talent – whether in a business context, community setting or even within your family.
This course goes beyond simple coaching skills. It elegantly knits knowledge and practical skills together with all the benefits of Applied NLP to help you BECOME a confident & congruent coach.
The JSNLP Diploma of Applied NLP: Coaching recognises how change happens. It teaches a set of powerful techniques and concepts that enable you to help others overcome any blocks that may hold them back. You will learn the skills to help people (and yourself) become the best version of themselves possible and to build personal resourcefulness and confidence.
In addition, you’ll learn to embody the traits of successful coaches, thus enabling you to build rapport quickly, even with difficult people, and read the subtle signs and signals that indicate what’s going on below the surface so you can explore incongruities between a person’s words, thoughts and feelings.
Here are some key objectives we’ll be covering during the course:
- Learn how to connect with people at a meaningful level, no matter who they are.
- Develop powerful interpersonal and intrapersonal communication skills.
- Learn sophisticated language skills that enable you to get beneath the surface to really understand what people mean, and help them structure their thinking for the best chance of success.
- Recognise how habits are formed, and how to dissolve these and instil more resourceful behaviours.
- Learn principles and techniques that encourage people to take true personal responsibility for their own learning and development.
- Discover a system for designing compelling goals that radically increases the likelihood of successful implementation.
NLP coaching techniques are very practical, proven, and feel quite natural in their execution. This is because NLP has been modelled from successful human experience, and the “difference that makes the difference”, captured and distilled so that it can be easily replicated.
NLP utilises what we do naturally and teaches how to harness these skills so that they can be used consciously to help us achieve our desired outcomes.
Who joins the Diploma of Applied NLP: Coaching?
This course is delivered in Bristol by our team of highly experienced trainers led by Neil Almond (mentored by John Seymour). It will be suitable for anyone with an interest in developing high quality, practical coaching or NLP skills. Existing NLP Practitioner graduates may also wish to attend to deepen their skills and learning with an applied coaching focus and to gain confidence and congruence as a coach.
The majority of our students join us because of our world class reputation for integrity and highly successful transfer of skills. Because Neuro-Linguistic Programming has the potential to greatly improve personal and professional effectiveness this training draws people from many fields including:
- Learning and Development
- Training & Teaching
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Media and Agencies
- Social Entrepreneurs
- Youth Work Professionals
- Change Agents
- All walks of life
You’ll be interested in this course:
- If you want to develop your coaching skills or build confidence.
- If you lead or work in an organisation that wants to build a coaching culture and system for talent management and retention.
- If you are a charity or youth work professional and want to positively, effectively and ethically impact your client group.
- If you have a mission or vision that you want to align people behind or inspire to action.
- If you have a responsibility for managing or developing staff and want to feel better equipped to facilitate practical, pragmatic change.
- If you’re an existing leader who wants to increase staff engagement, motivation and responsibility.
- If you are new or are aspiring to management and want to embody the characteristics of successful leaders and coaches.
- If you have a wellbeing, CSR or diversity portfolio within an organisation
- If you want the relationships in your life to be stronger and more harmonious.
- If you are unsure of your direction right now and want to take positive steps forward.
this course covers the core processes and skills involved in coaching with NLP including:
- NLP 1:1 Change Model
- Cause and Effect
- Well Formed Outcomes
- Creating a Compelling Goal
- Rep Systems and Submodalities
- The Meta Model
- The NLP Communications Model
- The Delegation Cycle
- Parts Integration/ Visual Squash, etc
The course is designed to support coaches and would-be coaches regardless of whether they seek to coach formally, informally or covertly. Similarly, the skills are contextualised for executive/corporate, performance, community and life coaching.
Accredited and Certified by ANLP
The Diploma of Applied NLP: Coaching, the Diploma of Applied NLP: Leadership and the Applied NLP Practitioner are accredited by ANLP. We believe that ANLP (Association for Neuro Linguistic Programming) provide the most robust and unbiased certification processes available in NLP and therefore our certificates include the ANLP seal as a mark of quality.
Part of the JSNLP Applied NLP Practitioner Series
The Diploma of Applied NLP: Coaching is a stand-alone module of the JSNLP Applied NLP Practitioner programme which teaches existing and aspiring leaders and coaches a set of applied psychological techniques that enable them to facilitate pragmatic change, motivate action, and increase engagement.
The course is divided into three modules:
- Diploma of Applied NLP: Coaching (5 days)
- Diploma of Applied NLP: Leadership (5 days)
- Master Class and Integration (2 days)
The programme is designed to build confidence and congruence enabling coaches and leaders to influence with integrity, and apply their learning directly in their lives and workplaces.
Students can also attend a further 6 day Diploma of Applied NLP: Deep Change Coaching in order to be certificated as a JSNLP NLP Advanced Practitioner (total 18 days).
Beyond this the JSNLP Master Practitioner and NLP Trainer Training adventures await…
All of these courses are delivered as open programmes from our base in Clifton, Bristol.
What is Applied NLP?
NLP is a set of skills for communicating more effectively with yourself or others. However, it is far more than ‘just a set of techniques’. At heart, it is both a set of models, and a set of communication skills in the domain of subjective experience and consciousness. The skills focus on both the intrapersonal (within a person) and the interpersonal (between people). Taken together these models and skills constitute a new and innovative discipline that has grown vigorously and produced significant results in many different fields. NLP can be summarised as a powerful set of applied psychological skills for change, for learning and for accelerating personal and professional development.
Over the past 30 years John Seymour has led the British NLP Training field. His gift for making the complexities of NLP profoundly simple, and the practical applications life-changing, have made him one of the most popular NLP trainers in the UK. JSNLP courses run in Bristol and London have a well-deserved reputation for being highly ethical, effective and full of humour.
Our focus has always been on helping our graduates to develop sublime NLP skills together with a pragmatic approach that helps them put these skills into practice.
Our trainings have traditionally run over 18 or 20 days, and whilst we still maintain this approach as the A-Grade in NLP education through our NLP Advanced Practitioner programme, we recognise that the world is changing and that old models need to be tweaked to ensure they work in the modern world.
So, used to being at the forefront in NLP thinking, we’ve innovated and found a new way of delivering our courses in Bristol that we believe maintains our high training standards whilst making them more flexible, practical and manageable.
To achieve these changes John has partnered with one of his former apprentices Neil Almond. Neil, now an ANLP certified NLP Master Trainer in his own right has worked with John for years, as well as running Whatever Life Throws (a popular London-based NLP training organisation). He also has an impressive CV; having delivered projects for many of the UK’s top organisations, facilitated sessions in Downing Street and worked with industry leaders such as Sir Richard Branson.
We believe that this new approach will combine the best of John’s wisdom and experience with Neil’s fresh, innovative, applied approach.
Applied NLP brings all of the great skills from traditional NLP trainings, but by studying them through a specific filter – such as coaching, leadership, social enterprise, autism etc – it tends to make them easier to learn and apply to practice. This new approach helps to build confidence and congruence in less time and ensures that learnt skills are actually applied to practice and used beyond the training room.